Want to be a part of the Grey Rock Family? We're hiring A Sales Assistant!
We’re on the hunt for a part-time retail sales whiz to join our team, with the potential for growth to full-time. This is an opportunity to be part of an intimate, collaborative working environment while learning about the inner workings of a socially conscious business.
In case you need a recap, Grey Rock Clothing Co. sells stylish sweatshop-free clothing and accessories for men and women in downtown Guelph. We’ve been open since August 2012 in our current location.
To highlight and maintain our commitment to our socially conscious values we became a B Corp certified business in August 2015. We’re looking for someone to join our team who shares our strong commitment to these values. For more info on our core values click this link.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent salesperson, with solid communication and interpersonal skills. They will be able to maintain our high levels of customer service by building real relationships with our customers and getting to know their needs. Recognizing that there is always room to learn, we will train our ideal candidate in any areas of growth we identify and see fit.
Closing Date: August 7th 2016 (12am)
Period of Employment: Starting approximately August 22nd, 2016
Terms of Employment: Part-time, approximately 20 hrs/wk (with the scope to grow to full-time 35-40hrs/wk) must be available weekdays during the day and the occasional weekend during the day.
- Sales- Build relationships with customers, help customers identify and purchase clothing appropriate for their needs, make suggestions to customers, custom ordering items for customers, keep up to date with product information.
- Running the Store- Work independently in the store, problem solve issues that arise while owner is away, help with ordering product and managing stock, help oversee co-op student.
- Marketing- Assist with running our social media outlets, basic website maintenance, help with marketing planning, help organize marketing events, merchandising products in store, assist with creating and implementing window displays.
- Bookkeeping- Posting customers’ sales to Quickbooks, posting invoices to Quickbooks, process and reconcile daily financial transactions.
- Additional Tasks- administrative support for the owner, receiving product deliveries, light cleaning, running the store in owner’s absence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to easily have a conversation with a stranger and make a connection with them
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal/no supervision
- Supervisory skills
- Basic professional skills: punctuality, prioritizing tasks, professional appearance, reliability
- Strong writing skills
- Experience maintaining social media accounts
- Understanding of fashion for both men's and women's clothing
- Basic administration skill
Compensation: $15/hour + 4% Vacation Pay + Commission.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at the store, 29 Quebec St, Guelph.