A New Owner For Grey Rock Clothing Co.
I'm looking for someone to continue Grey Rock's journey by becoming its new owner.
Grey Rock is a downtown Guelph boutique with a conscience. We provide sweatshop-free clothing for customers who want to look good and feel good about what they wear. We take pride in offering stylish, well-made apparel and accessories for men and women from more than 30 select suppliers, including:
- Yoga Jeans by Second Clothing (exclusive retailer in downtown Guelph)
- Patagonia (exclusive retailer in downtown Guelph)
- tentree (exclusive retailer in downtown Guelph)
- Prana (exclusive retailer in Guelph)
- Toad & Co. (Formerly Horney Toad)
- Melow Par Melissa Boldouc (exclusive retailer in Guelph)
- Pact Organic (exclusive retailer in Guelph)
- Atelier B. (exclusive retailer in Guelph)
- Mata Traders (exclusive retailer in downtown Guelph)
- United By Blue (exclusive retailer in downtown Guelph)
- Fred & Bean (exclusive retailer in Guelph)
The store has grown remarkably since I opened our doors at 29 Quebec Street in 2012. Grey Rock is now a vibrant social enterprise with amazing staff and the following assets:
- Through our relationship-driven sales approach, we experience consistently increasing sales, with an average growth of 20% annually.
- We have formed a devoted customer base of primarily professionals aged 35 to 55.
- Our mission has cultivated a sense of belonging and extensive engagement in what it means to live a sustainable lifestyle both within our customer base and the Guelph community. This has resulted in Grey Rock being recognized as an industry leader during segments on The Agenda with Steve Paikin and CTV.
- We have a dedicated fan base on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube with a social media reach of nearly 5,000 followers. Our Facebook page community is very active, with a 96% average engagement rate. This has garnered recognition from Prana, Pact, Mata Traders, United By Blue and Yoga Jeans.
- We have been B Corp certified since 2015. This means that we meet rigorous standards for social and environmental responsibility and are a part of growing social enterprise community focused on encouraging businesses to be a force for good.
- Our store is situated in a prime location on Quebec Street, which is the focus of a City of Guelph tourism micro-destination branding project.
- As professional and interpersonal support is crucial to owning a business, we have established strong relationships with business mentors through Innovation Guelph, the Downtown Guelph Business Association, and neighbouring businesses.
I will be accepting close bids from June 1st to July 31st at 11:59pm.
If you are interested in learning more about our boutique and discussing the opportunity to make Grey Rock your own, I would love to meet you.
"And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings." - Meister Eckhart
Owner, Grey Rock Clothing Co.