We’re on the hunt for a retail sales whiz and store manager to join our team, with potential for growth. This is an opportunity to be part of an intimate, collaborative working environment while learning about the inner workings of a socially conscious business.
Grey Rock Clothing Co. sells stylish sweatshop-free clothing and accessories for men and women in downtown Guelph. We’ve been open since Aug. 2012 in our current location and expanded to an online store in 2014.
Ideal candidate will be an excellent salesperson, who can manage the store in the owner’s absence and shares the company values. For more info on our core values visit http://www.greyrockclothingco.com/who-we-are/
Period of Employment: Starting approximately Sept 21st, 2015
Closing Date for Resume Submission: August 30th 2015 (12 AM)
Terms of Employment: Part-time, approximately 35 hrs/week, must be available weekdays, during the day and the occasional weekends during the day.
Sales- Build relationships with customers, help customers choose clothing appropriate for their needs, make suggestions to customers, processing and reconciling daily financial transactions.
Managing- Work independently in store, problem solve issues that arise while owner isn’t there, help with ordering product and managing stock, help oversee co-op student, help with marketing ideas, help oversee online store.
Additional Tasks- Light cleaning, helping grow and maintain our social media presence, administrative support for the owner, merchandising products in store, receiving product deliveries, blogging, basic website maintenance, modeling for photos for promotional materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to easily have a conversation with a stranger and make a connection with them.
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal/no supervision
- Supervisory skills
- Basic professional skills: punctuality, prioritizing tasks, professional appearance, reliability
- Strong writing skills
- Experience of having created and maintained a blog would be an asset
- Understanding of fashion and style for both men’s and women’s clothing
Compensation: $15/hour + 4% Vacation Pay + Commission.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com or hand deliver to the store, 29 Quebec St, Guelph